Saturday, December 8, 2007

ceramics show

A piece by current risd & former ECI faculty Linda Sormin

Wow, wow wow. I was so inspired by the ceramics show they had here. It was a juried show from all levels of ceramics folks at risd - undergrad, grad and faculty. I loooove ceramics, I can't hide it! Why am I not a ceramics major? I love it!



What really got me excited were these "painted" ceramics pieces. I should have written down the artist's name, it's so bad of me not to know it. I believe she is in one of the other junior painting classes, like me. I've been having ideas to add images such as painted images to ceramics, but wasn't sure how it would look, I think she did it very beautifully.

The following pieces reminded me of Grayson Perry. I love the pop imagery mixed with the olde-worldy medium of ceramics.


These ones were delicate and underwatery/with a fabric like tecture and covered most of a wall: