Friday, December 7, 2007

good old hockey game


Last night I went to the Boston Garden to watch the Montreal Canadiens vs. the Bruins. I never go to see a hockey game in Vancouver because it's really expensive, and I'm just not that into it, but it is funny how being away from Canada makes me miss it, that I went to the hockey game to be closer to Canada. And when I got into the arena, and I saw the white rounded rectangle of ice, it was so cozy and soothing. And then when they sang the Canadian national anthem, I sang along, quietly so no Boston fans could hear me, but I heard a lot of other people singing too. I think it's because one quarter of the fans were Montreal fans (I know, Montreal fans are so anoying at Canucks games, but I liked them in Boston because they were from home - even though I 've only ever been to Montreal for one weekend).

The Habs won, and it didn't matter, I was going for both teams and for a good game. Which it was, ending so quickly.

4 comments:

M B said...

How's the traveling from Providence to Boston? I'm a total Leafs fanatic and would love to go visit Boston for a few games hopefully when the play the Leafs.

Is it pretty hard to get tickets?

I'm really loving your blog though. As a canadian going to RISD, I can relate so much to what you're going through.

Are you only there for a semester?

Denise said...

Hi Missus Bloom,
I'm so glad you're enjoying the blog! Where are you from in Canada?
I found it was really easy to get tickets. The Boston/Montreal game (either team would have been totally sold out in Vancouver against the Canucks) was not sold out (surprising for an original-six team rivalry), and tickets were only $20. Travelling from Prov to Boston only takes an hour by train, very easy.
What is your major at risd? Yes, I am only here for one semester, my time is up in one week, it'll all be over! Which year are you in?

M B said...

I'm from Toronto. Tickets for hockey games are hard to come by. lol.

$20? Wow. That's so... cheap.

Ah... congrats on finishing your semester at RISD! Did you enjoy it as much as I think you have reading from your entries?

I'm suppose to be there this year as a frosh but I deferred my admissions to next September.

Your blog has been very enlightening though, it's shed some light as to what I might expect when I come there.

Thanks for that.

Good luck on your last week!

Denise said...

Thanks for the wishes! I only have 49 hours until all of my class are done - yippee! I enjoyed one class immensely, and detested another class immensely, so all in all, I'm happy with my home school, it's a great fit for me. All the best next September, don't hesitate to ask me anything.

Keep in touch,
Denise