Tuesday, December 4, 2007

previous painting


Hello! I'll be super busy the next 2 weeks, so this is going to be a quick post! This is my painting from painting crit around 3 weeks ago (There is a painting sitting behind it, so it might be a little confusing). I don't like it so much, but I think I'm interested in the subject matter - the banal moments of everyday folk. Maybe. Don't know. My teacher suggested it could be time for a return to American regionalism/ social realism. I was inspired by the painter from that era Ben Schon. I don't even know if I like this painting, it's okay.



But I love my children's book illustration class! Sorry, no images from there! Only one more week until we show our work to some editors. Wow! Sooooo much to do between now and that time!!!

No comments: